Comments for inMotion Kitesurfing Kitesurfing Articles, Photos, Videos and great tips and tricks! Wed, 30 Sep 2015 23:08:56 +0000 hourly 1 Comment on Kite Gear for Girls: The Evolution of Pink by inMotion Kitesurfing Wed, 30 Sep 2015 23:08:56 +0000 Hi Lara,

Yeah, they really are nice looking kites. I’m afraid we wouldn’t know where you can get them now, as these models are no longer current. You’ll need to buy them second hand from someone. Perhaps ask your local kite shop, search online or even try contacting Cabrinha directly.

Sorry we couldn’t be of more assistance with this.

Comment on Kite Gear for Girls: The Evolution of Pink by Lara vasconcelos Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:03:11 +0000 Hello. I want to know where can I buy the Kite Cabrinha Siren Collection by Susi Mai 2013, the blue with Pink. I’m In Love whit it.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:00:54 +0000 Hi Sam,

Thanks for writing. I fully agree with your husband… :) To be honest, November could be a bit the end of the season on the East coast; the North is a better bet for the wind but there I have no villas (left) from where you could kite just by walking a few 100 metres up the beach. You could stay on the East, enjoy when possible and drive to Anse-la-Raie when the wind is lean. I’s less than 30 minutes away.

Please have a look at my website: and send me a request with your dates etc. from there
I’ll be pleased to let you know our availabilities and suggestions.

Enjoy your day

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by sam Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:20:54 +0000 Hi Bernard

I’m coming out to Marituis the first 2 weeks in November with my husband and we both want to Kite. Where would be best at this time ? I’ve kited at Le Morne but am worried my husband may find this too busy! Could you also send me the link to your villas if there is any availability?

Many thanks for any help you can give :)

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Tue, 22 Sep 2015 06:06:06 +0000 Hi Barbara,

Thanks for this message and your mail. I have sent you Alois’s number. Do not worry about forecasts, they are no longer reliable owing to the climate change I guess. There is wind and it is going to last a few days; I guess until Saturday at least.

Enjoy your stay if we don’t meet.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Barbara Mon, 21 Sep 2015 19:23:31 +0000 Thank you very much Bernard! It seems there is rain forecast for the week I’ll be there but will bring kites with me just in case!
Would be great to have Alois number in case I need some advise/ progress. I will send you and email
See you on the water!

Comment on Learn To Unhook Effortlessly by Scotty Tue, 08 Sep 2015 09:10:26 +0000 Well done Charlie. Nice article

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Mon, 31 Aug 2015 05:49:40 +0000 Hello Barbara,
If the hotel allows it, you can launch on its beach, except if it is too South. Walking down the beach up to the Golf course (see it on Google earth) will make launching easier if the wind is not “clear” enough in front of the hotel.

If you are autonomous, the lagoon is safe everywhere; just avoid the area near the passes; (there’s only one near the Long Beach and anyone can show you where). For very local advice, the people from the boat house at the hotel may be able to help. For pure kitesurf advice, there is a guy call Alois, living near the St. Géran hotel. He is an instructor despite his 80-ish age… He often kites off the golf course. I can give you his number if you contact me by e-mail.

If you do not feel safe in the region of the hotel, then drive around the bay down to Poste Lafayette Beach; it’s the safest and easiest spot for beginners and great for all.

Re. your kites
6m² will definitely be too small; 9m² is fine.
See you hopefully on the water
With best regards

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Barbara Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:35:40 +0000 Hi Bernard
Great info here. I may have the opportunity to go at the end of September staying at Long Beach Hotel, what spot is the best from there? I’m planning to take my gear (6m and 9m) just in case there is wind. I’m autonomous but still beginner so will practice my turns and upwind skills and maybe try a jump. I was wondering if there is a place where I can go for information on the beach, wind and currents from local experts as I won’t be taking lessons. I was in Zanzibar in February with lagon and reefs areas although I never made it to the reef… Local information is great to be aware of any hazards.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Morten Thu, 20 Aug 2015 17:58:34 +0000 Hi Bernard,

My email for facebook is
Could be nice if you invite me.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:22:51 +0000 Hi Morten,

I am also looking for a (second hand) board, a twin tip that works on waves. There is a shop and another reseller in Grand Bay; one for Airush and the other for Cabrinha. For other brands you will need to go to le Morne. I will be leaving Mauritius for a kite trip in the second half of October; what are your dates?

In the meantime, have a look at this FB page
it’s people looking to buy and sell kite stuff. There is a guy I know selling a Naish 2014 twintip 138 X 41. I am going to try it next time.

Contact me on my website to leave me your mail or FB page so that I can invite you to the group.

Best regards

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Morten Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:28:58 +0000 Dear Bernard,
Thanks for this blog. Very usefull and good info!
I am comming with my family in sep-oct 2015
I Will bring my own kite, hairness pump etc. But i will need to buy or rent a board.
If I buy it I would like to sell again when im leaving.
It dosent have to be a new board – second hand would be fine.
Do you think this is possible?
My first week will be at friday attitude hotel on the eastcoast.
Where is the closest kiteshop from there?
Best regards and thanks again

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Thu, 06 Aug 2015 06:31:18 +0000 Dear Randy,

It’s been a long time I haven’t been in that region and I am going this pm in fact. The people at Shandrani will be able to give you information as there is a kite school there. Normally, you should be able to launch just from the upwind beach of the hotel. From there, you will easily reach the flat waters on Pointe d’Esny; within 1 minute.

The public beach across the bay is not a solution as there are many people and it is slightly sheltered if wind is east.

For weather conditions, Windguru and Windfinder remain the best alternative although since a few years, owing to sea-warming I guess, they are far less on the spot as regards to clouds and precipitation.

Enjoy your stay

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Randy Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:15:05 +0000 Hello,
I am coming to mauritius this week, sunday the 7th through sunday the 16th of august.
I am staying at the shandrani. Is there kiting at the public beach just south of there? Also, is there a place to park at pointe d’esny if I go there?
Who would be the best kite shop to call for the best condition report day to day?
Thank you for your help!

Comment on 5 Top Kitesurfing Destinations You Must Experience by john Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:15:04 +0000 Bulaobog, Boracay from November to April is Kitesurfing heaven and direct flights from Asia hubs 2016 to avoid Manila! This place is gorgeous and the best party island ever, just 7km long and with something for everyone! Really inexpensive too, with plenty of affordable options for surfers right on Bulabog beach. Then after a surf-fest…just 10 mins walk to everything on offer on Whitebeach (surfing May to September). Enjoy.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Cayeux Thu, 16 Jul 2015 08:37:45 +0000 Dear Regev,
Nice plan. As you could understand from my previous replies, I am not a fanatic of Le Morne; especially for beginners. You will be fighting your way among tens of other beginners in a big anarchy. The bay of Poste Lafayette is by far the best to learn as the wind is on / side and the curve of the beach allows one to start several meters away from the beach as well.

The downside is that there are less choices in terms of where to stay if you are looking for a room to let. The villas I propose must be rented entirely, so not good you, except if you think that apartment Merina is what you like. Have a look at it on our website You can also rent a room at!home
What is better in Le Morne is that in the nearby village of La Gaulette, there are plenty of kitesurfers like you, alone or in groups so much better for spending evenings. The East is very calm.
If you have a 10m² it is ideal for Poste Lafayette but too big for Le Morne. You may contact Patrick at . He is the reseller of different brands like North and Airush. He will give you advice and you can buy the kite anywhere; even on the beach.

Re. the car.
If you are in Le Morne and do not stay in one of the hotels, you will need to either rent a car or make a pool with some other people on the spot. If you are in Poste Lafayette, La Maison d’été, you may not need one.

Hope this helps
Let me know if you come to the East, I can help you or indicate you a person who can teach you in the waves.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Regev Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:53:02 +0000 Hi,

I’m planning to be in mauritius in september – october.
I am traveling alone – is there a place that has shared rooms for kitesurfers? or anyone planning to be there at that time? I am independent, but pretty much a beginner. looking for the lagoons in the begninning and waves later on. where do you suggest me to stay? east coast or le morne? where do you buy kite equipment in mauritius? I have a 10m kite and a board I’d be bringing with me, but I might need a smaller kite to buy aswell – who can I contact to understand prices? do I need to rent a car or most spots are walking/bicycle distance?

Comment on Beginners Guide to Kitesurfing: Getting Started by inMotion Kitesurfing Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:53:57 +0000 Hi Jared,

Yes, I would recommend starting with a trainer kite, but you don’t need to buy one yourself. Since most importantly of all, you need to take a few lessons with an instructor, he will provide you with an appropriate trainer kite for the early stages of your lessons.

You will very quickly progress from the trainer kite, which is why I don’t think you need to invest in your own one. Rather save the money for your first real kite.

I hope this helps, and I wish you all the best.

Comment on Beginners Guide to Kitesurfing: Getting Started by Jared Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:00:34 +0000 Would you recommend starting with a trainer kite or do you think trainer kites are not necessary?

Comment on Kite Designs: Types of Kitesurfing Kites Simplified by longboardlover Sat, 04 Jul 2015 11:07:58 +0000 Old post, but very helpful for beginners who getting involved or buying a Delta kites,thank you for your valuable input.