Comments for inMotion Kitesurfing Kitesurfing Articles, Photos, Videos and great tips and tricks! Sat, 14 Nov 2015 06:43:38 +0000 hourly 1 Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Sat, 14 Nov 2015 06:43:38 +0000 Hi Anne-Cecile,

Thank you for your comments on the lessons. As regards to the spot, kindly note that this is not the Poste Lafayette spot (see on our website). It is not far from where the school is but it makes all the difference. Relatively shallow waters, safe wind direction, lots of space. I however learned kitesurfing at the place you mentioned and enjoyed my lessons; it was a different school at that time but the spot, although not ideal, was OK. It is true that at that time we were counting just on ourselves to succeed.

For sure Le Morne is a prime spot but it depends upon your age and character I guess. I recommend Poste Lafayette because there are far less people and not that spirit of competition and showing-off. More importantly it is because you can rent a villa and kitesurf in front of it. It is another way of enjoying the same sport.

Hope you still enjoyed your holidays.

With best regards

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by inMotion Kitesurfing Sat, 14 Nov 2015 04:56:31 +0000 Hi Anne-Cecile,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Poste lafayette. I’m sorry to hear that your lessons weren’t ideal there, but I’m sure your feedback will be valuable for others considering taking lessons there. Did you get to experience a better spot or school that you would recommend beginners go to for lessons while you were in Mauritius (besides Morne)?

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Anne-Cecile Fri, 13 Nov 2015 19:31:52 +0000 Hi,
We are just back from our kitesurfing holiday in Mauritius and wanted to share our views on the Poste lafayette spot, just behind the Jalsa hotel, the school is called kitesurf zone. The spot is not good to launch the kite as beginners, as there is no space. The teachers always have to launch for you, so you cannot become independent. Also, if you cannot go upwind, they will have to pick you up with the boat at the bottom of the lagoon, it’s too deep to walk on your own. Some teachers are friendly, some are not, and some don’ t speak English. Eventually, you won’t get a lot of advice, as they offer no radio helmet so you are on your own. Or you share your kite with 2 other people, so get very little time of practice of your lesson (in theory 3 hours). All that for 120EUR… overall, a very outdated lesson and not possible to become independent.
Other than that, the spot is not busy and flat. In November, the wind was quite low.
At the Morne, water is choppier, it’s busier, but still plenty of space, and easier to launch (although still not 100% easy).
Hope these comments help! :-)

Comment on 5 Top Kitesurfing Destinations You Must Experience by Anton Sat, 07 Nov 2015 20:07:40 +0000 There’s a really cool service called which gives you real time wind info to the best spots you should hit this season. They even have flight search info from your local airport. That’s really cool!

Comment on 5 Top Kitesurfing Destinations You Must Experience by José Hita Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:43:14 +0000 There is a super spot south of Spain called Tarifa. Like Maui the wind blows pretty much every day. The world Kitesurf Championships has an event there and you can enjoy the amazing Spanish food as a bonus. You have hostels and some hotels and I believe the most expensive one cost around €300 per night in August. So it’s a non expensive location. There are 3 airports nearby and the views are amazing. Sandy beaches with even dunes. It’s like a paradise :).

Comment on Kitesurfing Progression: Riding Upwind by Apple Wed, 28 Oct 2015 19:23:23 +0000 @am. Could be that your board is undersized. If you have a small board you have to really push your back foot to edge the board (even when theres lots of wind). Some people like this though as a small board means you are very nimble.

Comment on Kite Gear for Girls: The Evolution of Pink by inMotion Kitesurfing Wed, 30 Sep 2015 23:08:56 +0000 Hi Lara,

Yeah, they really are nice looking kites. I’m afraid we wouldn’t know where you can get them now, as these models are no longer current. You’ll need to buy them second hand from someone. Perhaps ask your local kite shop, search online or even try contacting Cabrinha directly.

Sorry we couldn’t be of more assistance with this.

Comment on Kite Gear for Girls: The Evolution of Pink by Lara vasconcelos Wed, 30 Sep 2015 15:03:11 +0000 Hello. I want to know where can I buy the Kite Cabrinha Siren Collection by Susi Mai 2013, the blue with Pink. I’m In Love whit it.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:00:54 +0000 Hi Sam,

Thanks for writing. I fully agree with your husband… :) To be honest, November could be a bit the end of the season on the East coast; the North is a better bet for the wind but there I have no villas (left) from where you could kite just by walking a few 100 metres up the beach. You could stay on the East, enjoy when possible and drive to Anse-la-Raie when the wind is lean. I’s less than 30 minutes away.

Please have a look at my website: and send me a request with your dates etc. from there
I’ll be pleased to let you know our availabilities and suggestions.

Enjoy your day

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by sam Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:20:54 +0000 Hi Bernard

I’m coming out to Marituis the first 2 weeks in November with my husband and we both want to Kite. Where would be best at this time ? I’ve kited at Le Morne but am worried my husband may find this too busy! Could you also send me the link to your villas if there is any availability?

Many thanks for any help you can give :)

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Tue, 22 Sep 2015 06:06:06 +0000 Hi Barbara,

Thanks for this message and your mail. I have sent you Alois’s number. Do not worry about forecasts, they are no longer reliable owing to the climate change I guess. There is wind and it is going to last a few days; I guess until Saturday at least.

Enjoy your stay if we don’t meet.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Barbara Mon, 21 Sep 2015 19:23:31 +0000 Thank you very much Bernard! It seems there is rain forecast for the week I’ll be there but will bring kites with me just in case!
Would be great to have Alois number in case I need some advise/ progress. I will send you and email
See you on the water!

Comment on Learn To Unhook Effortlessly by Scotty Tue, 08 Sep 2015 09:10:26 +0000 Well done Charlie. Nice article

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Mon, 31 Aug 2015 05:49:40 +0000 Hello Barbara,
If the hotel allows it, you can launch on its beach, except if it is too South. Walking down the beach up to the Golf course (see it on Google earth) will make launching easier if the wind is not “clear” enough in front of the hotel.

If you are autonomous, the lagoon is safe everywhere; just avoid the area near the passes; (there’s only one near the Long Beach and anyone can show you where). For very local advice, the people from the boat house at the hotel may be able to help. For pure kitesurf advice, there is a guy call Alois, living near the St. Géran hotel. He is an instructor despite his 80-ish age… He often kites off the golf course. I can give you his number if you contact me by e-mail.

If you do not feel safe in the region of the hotel, then drive around the bay down to Poste Lafayette Beach; it’s the safest and easiest spot for beginners and great for all.

Re. your kites
6m² will definitely be too small; 9m² is fine.
See you hopefully on the water
With best regards

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Barbara Sun, 30 Aug 2015 08:35:40 +0000 Hi Bernard
Great info here. I may have the opportunity to go at the end of September staying at Long Beach Hotel, what spot is the best from there? I’m planning to take my gear (6m and 9m) just in case there is wind. I’m autonomous but still beginner so will practice my turns and upwind skills and maybe try a jump. I was wondering if there is a place where I can go for information on the beach, wind and currents from local experts as I won’t be taking lessons. I was in Zanzibar in February with lagon and reefs areas although I never made it to the reef… Local information is great to be aware of any hazards.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Morten Thu, 20 Aug 2015 17:58:34 +0000 Hi Bernard,

My email for facebook is
Could be nice if you invite me.

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:22:51 +0000 Hi Morten,

I am also looking for a (second hand) board, a twin tip that works on waves. There is a shop and another reseller in Grand Bay; one for Airush and the other for Cabrinha. For other brands you will need to go to le Morne. I will be leaving Mauritius for a kite trip in the second half of October; what are your dates?

In the meantime, have a look at this FB page
it’s people looking to buy and sell kite stuff. There is a guy I know selling a Naish 2014 twintip 138 X 41. I am going to try it next time.

Contact me on my website to leave me your mail or FB page so that I can invite you to the group.

Best regards

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Morten Tue, 18 Aug 2015 11:28:58 +0000 Dear Bernard,
Thanks for this blog. Very usefull and good info!
I am comming with my family in sep-oct 2015
I Will bring my own kite, hairness pump etc. But i will need to buy or rent a board.
If I buy it I would like to sell again when im leaving.
It dosent have to be a new board – second hand would be fine.
Do you think this is possible?
My first week will be at friday attitude hotel on the eastcoast.
Where is the closest kiteshop from there?
Best regards and thanks again

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Bernard Thu, 06 Aug 2015 06:31:18 +0000 Dear Randy,

It’s been a long time I haven’t been in that region and I am going this pm in fact. The people at Shandrani will be able to give you information as there is a kite school there. Normally, you should be able to launch just from the upwind beach of the hotel. From there, you will easily reach the flat waters on Pointe d’Esny; within 1 minute.

The public beach across the bay is not a solution as there are many people and it is slightly sheltered if wind is east.

For weather conditions, Windguru and Windfinder remain the best alternative although since a few years, owing to sea-warming I guess, they are far less on the spot as regards to clouds and precipitation.

Enjoy your stay

Comment on Mauritius East Coast Kite Spot Guide by Randy Thu, 06 Aug 2015 03:15:05 +0000 Hello,
I am coming to mauritius this week, sunday the 7th through sunday the 16th of august.
I am staying at the shandrani. Is there kiting at the public beach just south of there? Also, is there a place to park at pointe d’esny if I go there?
Who would be the best kite shop to call for the best condition report day to day?
Thank you for your help!